The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), as part of the I-43 URT (Union Refrigerator Transit Line) project, is reconstructing and re-aligning and lowering the freeway profile of 1.5 miles of I-43, between Capitol Drive and north of Hampton Avenue. This project includes, reconstructing several bridges, adding retaining walls, improving traffic signals, and replacing noise walls within the project limits. For more information, please visit I-43 URT Improvements.
The following work is scheduled to begin in 2022:
I-43 between Silver Spring Drive and Capitol Drive reduced to two lanes, in each direction, early spring through late fall
I-43 SOUTH exit to Green Bay Avenue to close in fall through late 2023
The following work is scheduled to begin in 2023:
Green Bay Avenue northbound entrance to I-43 SOUTH to close in fall
I-43 NORTH exit to Green Bay Avenue/Capitol Drive to close in fall
I-43 from Capitol Drive to Silver Spring Drive reduced to two lanes, in each direction, early spring through late fall
Port Washington Road from Glendale Road to Hampton Avenue reduced to one lane early spring.
The 2023 Glendale Ditching project will consist of shaping and regrading of the existing ditches to improve drainage in the Bender neighborhood. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
2023 Sidewalk Rehabilitation Project
The 2023 Sidewalk Program will consist of replacing deficient sidewalk squares within the Crestwood Subdivision as well as along Silver Spring. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
The 2023 Miscellaneous Pavement Program will consist of improving various pavement areas throughout the City. The following areas are expected to have a variety of improvements such as curb repairs, pavement patching, and pavement overlays. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
2023 Traffic Calming (4 Locations)
The 2023 Traffic Calming project will consist of traffic calming and safety improvements to be installed within 4 intersections in the southern side of the City. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Utility Construction Schedule: Below is brief summary of what to expect in the upcoming weeks for construction work occurring along Port Washington Rd and Jean Nicolet Rd.
• Glendale’s watermain project has been completed. Other utilities will be starting work in the area now that the watermain work is complete.
• WE Energies Gas main work will continue along Jean Nicolet Rd. Work will require lane shifts or flagging depending on work operations. Any questions regarding the gas work can contact WE Energies at 877-380-0522.
• Charter is scheduled to begin work on Bender Rd between Jean Nicolet and Port Washington starting next week (1/23).
• Long term road closures on Fairfield Ct and sections of Jean Nicolet Rd are expected to begin soon. More information will be provided from the DOT once scheduled.
Wisconsin DOT I43 North-South Project
• WisDOT’s project will begin shortly. As the DOT project begins, future updates will be provided by the DOT construction team. The DOT will be posting updates on their 511 site and I-43 Facebook page. Links to the webpages are provided below. Any further questions regarding the upcoming DOT project can contact Rachel Andreoli at 262-977-0234 or at email@example.com
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will begin construction of safety improvements at the intersection of WIS 57 (N. Green Bay Rd.) and County PP (Good Hope Rd.) the week of May 1st. Through access will be maintained on both WIS 57 and County PP. Right turns for public traffic will be restricted Northbound and Southbound on Green Bay Road through early June with detours for turning traffic posted along Mill Road and 43rd Street. All intersection turning movements can be accommodated for emergency vehicle access to/from Good Hope Road and Green Bay Road. Construction is scheduled to be complete in mid-September.