New Residents, Address Changes, & Name Changes
- If you moved into the City from another municipality (whether from Wisconsin or out of state) you will need to register to vote.
- If you have moved within the City limits, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
Registration Prior to Election Day
- In person - You may come to the Clerk's Office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will need to bring proof of residence with you. You may download the Voter Registration Application and bring it with you or you may fill one out in the Clerk's Office.
- By mail - You may download the Voter Registration Application. You will need to complete the application, print it, sign it, and return it along with a copy of your Proof of Residence to City Hall.
Registration on Election Day
- On Election Day, you may register to vote at your polling location. You will need to bring proof of residence with you. Information on polling locations can be found at My Vote Wisconsin.
- Mailed registrations must be postmarked no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Registrations in the Clerk's Office must be submitted by the voter no later than 5 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day.
- Election Day Registrations must happen at the polls between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Acceptable Proof of Residence
The document provided must contain a current and complete first and last name and residential address and must be valid on the day used to register to vote. Acceptable Documents are limited to:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license / ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (Does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
- A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college or technical college to the municipality that denotes US Citizenship
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- A bank statement
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government