The 2020 estimated population is 12,463. As of the 2010 census there were, 5,815 households, and 3,381 families residing in the City. There were 4,205 owner-occupied housing units.
The racial makeup of the City was:
- 79.4% White
- 14.1% African American
- 0.2% Native American
- 3.2% Asian
- 0.1% Pacific Islander
- 3.0% from other races or from 2 or more races
- Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.6% of the population
There were 5,772 households, out of which 24.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them.
- 50.0% were married couples living together.
- 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.1% were non-families.
- 33.6% of all households were made up of individuals.
- 16.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
- The average household size was 2.20 and the average family size was 2.84.
In the City the population was spread out with
- 20.9% under the age of 20
- 4.7% from 20 to 24
- 24.2% from 25 to 44
- 29.8% from 45 to 64
- 20.4% who were 65 years of age or older
The median age was 46.8 years.
The median income for a household in the City was $60,437, and the median income for a family was $78,662.