Residential Building Permits
The following permit forms are to be utilized when performing work on One and Two-Family Dwellings ONLY.
Alterations & Additions – 1 & 2-Family
A LOCAL permit form must be submitted along with the following:
- Three (3) sets of construction plans (when required).
- Plans must be legible and scaled (1/8 inch or larger) on clean, white paper. Rough sketches, etc. are not acceptable.
- Plans provided in electronic format are appreciated in addition to the above.
- Engineering calculations (when required)
- Completed Cautionary Statement (when required)
- Permit fees
If you do not know whether your project requires a permit, please visit the “Do I Need a Permit” page.
If your project is not included on the above list, you are encouraged to contact the Building Inspection Dept. at (414) 228-1711 for further assistance. Work completed without the necessary permit(s) is subject to quadruple permit fees.